In order to do them justice, i needed to get Lorna's steps cleaned and painted up. I used the wire brush attachment on the angle grinder to clean up the 'waffle iron' texture on the steps, which was all gummed up with years of paint, (you can see the painted part on the right and my cleaned up section on the left)
And had a look at Lorna's excellent first time welds.
It was almost a shame to paint it as it looked so shiny as bare metal
but i knew that within a day it'd be rusty again if i didn't so i got out the white hammerite and set to work
before hooking them back onto the wall, where they look even better now they match the paint work.