Friday 5 September 2008

Step Up

In order to do them justice, i needed to get Lorna's steps cleaned and painted up. I used the wire brush attachment on the angle grinder to clean up the 'waffle iron' texture on the steps, which was all gummed up with years of paint, (you can see the painted part on the right and my cleaned up section on the left)

And had a look at Lorna's excellent first time welds.

It was almost a shame to paint it as it looked so shiny as bare metal

but i knew that within a day it'd be rusty again if i didn't so i got out the white hammerite and set to work

before hooking them back onto the wall, where they look even better now they match the paint work.

3 comments:

IsmilebecauseIhavenoideawhatsgoingon said...

Hi steve, thankyou for your responses to recent blogstuff. I'd love it if you were to photograph the launch of our big tub, thing is we've moved the date back to monday Oct 27th (don't ask!) so don't know how your diary is around then. E-mail me if you feel... sebpattenden@hotmail.com
Nice one.
Seb.

lorna said...

mwahaha, now that I've read my welding book I can see that that is the most embarrassing weld ever.
I can't wait to practice some more!

IsmilebecauseIhavenoideawhatsgoingon said...

Yo Lorna. You're right. Practice, it'll soon improve bigtime. Welding (particularly stick) is all about the mileage. Trust me.

S.