So, last time you saw the corridor we were beginning to clad the walls and build uprights to support shelves and making the shelves themselves. This continued and we got the walls on both sides clad with ply, though not finished or painted, so at least everything was neat and tidy and didn't have rockwool pouring out of the walls or old bits of mdf nailed on haphazardly just as a temporary wall. We would have carried on with the finishing and painting but as it was now summer it seemed silly to be doing that when we could be doing outdoor work.
We also got hold of some fantastic, railway sleeper sized pieces of wood,
ran them through our planer,
and used them as a top surface for the shelves down the corridor.
Then we had a fantastic stroke of good fortune. One of Lorna's friends phoned her to say that a whole load of flooring had been fly tipped near her house, so we went to check it out and there was loads and loads of tongue and groove, solid wood flooring, not even laminate, AND an equal amount of underlay! So we loaded up a friend's car and brought it all back to the boat, where lorna spent a couple of days getting very dusty sanding all the splattery paint off it, before we ripped up the (glued down) nasty carpet from the corridor
and laid the new underlay and flooring.
Now it looks pretty good in there, with the nice wooden floor and the finished(ish) shelves. When winter comes and it's too cold to work outside we'll finish it off!